MENU

EARLY HISTORY

Kuala Krai Province is the second largest province in Kelantan after Gua Musang Province. This province is one of the oldest province created by the British government in 1909.

However Kuala Krai Province was known officially on 01 September 1977 when prior to that known as Ulu Kelantan covering the entire Gua Musang Province and Kuala Balah District in Jeli Province.

The Province Administration Centre was initially located in Kg. Mengkebang, Jalan Batu Lada and then moved near Tangga Krai (Tangga Bradley) in 1927. Now the Province Administration Centre had moved to a new building headquartered in the Guchil area on 22 April 1985.

GEOGRAPHICAL POSITION

The area of Kuala Krai Province is 2,329 sqaure km or 910 square miles on the borders with Machang Province in the North and Gua Musang Province in the South. Whereas in the East it is on the borders with Terengganu State and in the West is Jeli Province.

The area of Kuala Krai Province as compared with Kelantan State is as follows:-

 

 Province

Area

Kelantan

1,492,200Hek/14,922km2

Kuala Krai

222,500Hek/2,329km2

Source : UPEN